Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
When building a web app, the work is never done. We’re constantly iterating on Teachery to make it the best solution for building and selling your online course. We posted our Product Roadmap a couple weeks back, but there are countless smaller refinements and bug fixes that are also worked that are smaller in scope.
In the spirit of transparency (and not letting hard work go unnoticed) here is a list of revisions that went live this week.
Course purchase information added to Customer Export CSV file.
Customizable purchase forms.
Responsive images in lessons.
Other features that don’t require visuals:
- Updated Basic Plan text to reflect plan limitations.
- Fixed links on Course Dashboard for lessons with Custom Domains.
- Added Lesson Background Color editing.
- Lesson Names in navigation now update in realtime.
While we know this isn’t the most interesting update ever, these little things can really pile up and stifle the growth of an app. It’s important to prioritize all the small things and make sure they get taken care of. It’s probably worth mentioning the workflow that goes into managing all these tasks and getting them done:
- List out tasks in to-do lists in Basecamp
- Prioritize based on difficulty of task/importance of bug
- Code up changes on my local machine, a Macbook Air FYI.
- Commit changes to Github, our source code repository.
- Stage new build on our top secret staging server.
- Final review and sanity check by Jason and Gerlando.
- Ship it!
- Celebrate the small tasks being accomplished with proper emojis
That’s all for this week. Next week we’re shifting back to larger feature development with the exciting addition of Disqus integration! If you have anything you’d like us to talk about on the Teachery blog, please send suggestions to email@example.com.