Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Today we’re excited to announce the availability of comments on your Teachery courses. Now instead of routing your users to Facebook or Twitter to build community, you can do so directly within your courses.
Our comments system is powered by Disqus so you’ll need a Disqus account, but don’t worry…Disqus is free. We chose to use Disqus for in-course discussion because they’ve done an amazing job at building one of the most used discussion/commenting platforms on the web.
Check out the 2 minute video below to see step-by-step instructions on adding comments to your course:
Here’s the written version of what you can watch in the video above:
- Log in to your account on Teachery
- Navigate to any course you’ve already created
- Click a lesson in the sidebar you want to include commenting/discussion on
- Turn Comments “ON”
- Teachery will prompt you to add your Disqus Shortname (this is different from your Disqus username)
- IF you’re a wizard and know your Disqus Shortname, go ahead and add it to the prompt
- IF you’re not a wizard (and we aren’t either) log in to Disqus, Click the Gear Icon (top right), and Add Disqus to Site (quick link)
- Once you create your Disqus Shortname enter it on Teachery and commenting/discussion is now enabled for your course!
- You can turn comments ON or OFF for each lesson of your course
- *You can also add your Disqus Shortname directly in the “Manage Options” page in the Teachery editor
And that is how you add commenting/discussion in any (or all) lessons of your course on Teachery. Now you can engage and interact with your students, or better yet, let them engage and interact with each other.